Search Postgresql Archives

Re: psql \copy hanging

Le 08/10/2019 à 16:03, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
This is going to be hard to troubleshoot if you change your commands.

Previously you had:
psql -h %MYPGSERVER% -a -f myscript.sql %MYPGDB%

Changing more then one thing at a time makes it that much more difficult
to isolate the issue.

Yes, true. Actually I do one change at a time, I'm just no posting every single attempt. So I tried to feed the script using console redirection rather than -f as you can see. That was the only change.

I would create an entirely separate batch file that runs just
problematicline.sql.

OK, that's easy.
Actually the batch file is not doing much more than running this psql command, but that's really not a problem/

Given that you suspect Postgres it would be helpful to see the query
that underlies the view you are copying.
You might want to look at autoexplain:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/auto-explain.html

as a way of getting information at run time.

OK that's nice.
Since I don't want to mess with the whole server configuration, I added some auto_explain settings to my script.

So for tonight, my script looks like this :

LOAD 'auto_explain';
SET auto_explain.log_min_duration = 0;
SET auto_explain.log_analyze = true;
COPY (SELECT * FROM myview) TO STDOUT \g '\\\\myserver\\myshare\\myfile.txt'

And it'll run in a separate batch.

Thanks for your help Adrian !

Regards
--