Search Postgresql Archives

Re: psql \copy hanging

Le 03/10/2019 à 15:54, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
On 10/2/19 11:51 PM, Arnaud L. wrote:
Well, this problem is still bugging me, and this time I've tried with a local file. Unfortunately, it did not help. To further rule out filesystem problems, I first took care to delete the target files before copying to it, but it did not help either.

So now I'm quite confident that the problem is either psql or even postgresql itself.

Does anyone know of anything I could try to try to fix or debug this ?

Going back to the original thread I noticed it was not specified what
program was being used to run the script in the overnight session.

So what is being used to run the script overnight?

Yes, sorry for having lost the original thread, my mailbox has a quite stupid automatic purge schedule...

The script is run in a windows batch file.
Basically, export.bat contains :

SET PGUSER=myuser
SET PGPASSWORD=mypwd
SET PGCLIENTENCODING=UTF8
SET MYPGSERVER=myserverurl
SET MYPGDB=mydatabase
psql -h %MYPGSERVER% -a -f myscript.sql %MYPGDB%

And myscript.sql contains :
\copy (SELECT * FROM view1) TO '\\server\share\view1.txt'
\copy (SELECT * FROM view2) TO '\\server\share\view2.txt'
etc with ~60 views

Today, I've update the problematic \copy line to be :
COPY (SELECT * FROM view) TO STDOUT \g '\\server\share\view.txt'

I'll keep you informed (even though a successfull run is not a guarantee of success, because the original script did sometimes work).

Regards
--
Arnaud