Search Postgresql Archives

Re: psql \copy hanging

Le 08/10/2019 à 09:28, Pavel Stehule a écrit :
you can write simple C application with COPY API https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/libpq-copy.html

Unfortunately, I don't know C.

Then you can eliminate or ensure locality of problem.

more, you can use server side copy. Superuser can read data from server file system.

Yes, but in this case the file has to be written to a network share, and the windows user under wich PostgreSQL runs (Network Service) cannot be given write permission on this share.
That's the reason for the use of \copy.

Now that I think about it, *maybe* this started happening after a server upgrade. Since this is intermittent, I'm not really sure about this, but some time ago we moved our server to a different hardware and upgraded from 9.3 to 11 at the same time. The dates don't perfectly match though, we upgraded around 8th of august and the problem arose ~2 weeks later for the first time. The client was upgraded around that same time period (not exactly the same time if I remember correctly).

Regards
--
Arnaud