Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Table update: restore or replace?

On Tue, 14 May 2019, Adrian Klaver wrote:

Does the table you overwrote the data change much?

Adrian,

Yes. It's in my business tracking database so it's updated almost every day.

If not it might be safer to just fetch it from the April 20th dump and
then apply the changes since then.

The column I FUBAR'd holds e-mail addresses. What I'll do is set all to NULL
and find the e-mail addresses I have external to the database and enter them
in a large UPDATE TABLE.

And I think I'll set up a cron job to do a database dump each day with the
date appended to the file name in the bash shell script.

Thanks,

Rich