Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Back Slash \ issue

On 5/2/19 8:19 AM, Guntry Vinod wrote:
Hi Adrian\Kiran,

Below is the issue.

We are migrating from Db2 to Postgre.

The Db2 dump consists of back Slash \ with in the data [dump] , but postgre is not escaping the Slash.

For example if name consist of Vinod\G after the inserting the dump the value in postgre is VinodG where as I need it as Vinod\G.

Since the dump is huge data I can't replace \  within the data to escape Slash.

We are using import utility provided by Postgre.

Are you talking about COPY or some other utility?

Can you please give me any solution in this regard?.

In order for a solution to be found we will need more explicit information on what you are doing.

@kiran-let me also try solution you provided in the below mail.

Regards,
Vinod
_______________________________________
From: Adrian Klaver [adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 May 2019 20:04
To: ravikrishna@xxxxxxxx; Guntry Vinod
Cc: pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Venkatamurali Krishna Gottuparthi; Biswa Ranjan Dash
Subject: Re: Back Slash \ issue

On 5/2/19 7:30 AM, ravikrishna@xxxxxxxx wrote:
  > We have dump from DB2 and trying to upload it Postgre.
DB2 export command has an option to export it as CSV which quotes data
so that any embedded
lines or special characters inside the data is treated fine.  Does the
csv format has quotes enclosing it ?

Please show the command you use to import into Postgres.
Also the error message you get.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html <http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html> externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html <http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html> internally within TechMahindra.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx