Search Postgresql Archives

Re: is it possible to create partitioned tables using tables from different schemas

you are right. What it happens is that the batch importing process drops the schema and recreates it.  I would like some solution that is compatible with that.
I am sure partitioned tables will have an impact but on the other hand, it will solve the problem I have now without touching the legacy code.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 6:41 PM David Rowley <david.rowley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 at 10:56, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Note that unless you regularly query for only-manually-inserted or
> only-automatically-inserted data, this will be useless and will make
> queries more expensive, with no upside.

Going by "Since those rows are inserted by hand, they will be lost
when the table will be reimported.", I just imagined there must be
some sort of TRUNCATE + INSERT/COPY operation going on, in which case
there would be a good upside of not having to perform a DELETE of all
automatic records instead of the TRUNCATE.

I could be wrong to assume that though.

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/