Search Postgresql Archives

is it possible to create partitioned tables using tables from different schemas

I have a schema with a generated table with information coming from batch processes.

I would like to store in that table manually generated information. Since those rows are inserted by hand, they will be lost when the table will be reimported.

So I was thinking of creating a partitioned table with a column "origin" to select if the data is batch inserted or inserted by hand. Current generated by batch sub-table will live in its schema.

I want the other sub-table containing manually inserted information living in another schema.

Is this possible? Do I have to do something else (create some trigger, or something)?

Something like:

CREATE TABLE automatic.measurement (
    city_id         int not null,
    logdate         date not null,
    peaktemp        int,
    unitsales       int
    origin          int
) PARTITION BY RANGE (origin);

CREATE TABLE automatic.measurement_automatic PARTITION OF automatic.measurement FOR VALUES FROM (1) TO (1) PARTITION BY RANGE (origin);

CREATE TABLE manual.measurement_manual PARTITION OF automatic.measurement FOR VALUES FROM (2) TO (2) PARTITION BY RANGE (origin);