Search Postgresql Archives

RE: SQLSTATE when PostgreSQL crashes during COMMIT statement

Hi Francisco and Andreas,

Thank you for your reply.

> So, if the library gives you an error ( "I have not received the commit
> confirmation" , not something like "commit failed" ), you will still
> need to test the data, if you can, to know how the server come back up.

Yes.
I want to know what error does library give to the application on such case.
I supposed it is certain SQLSTATE.

> since pg10 you can use check the status of a transaction, here is a
> explanation:
> https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/postgresql-10-transaction-traceability/

Thank you for the information.
According to the page and the PostgreSQL documentation of txid_status(),
the application should look up the transaction's completion status when the connection is lost,
not when certain SQLSTATE is given, right?

Regards,
Ryohei Takahashi