Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Copy entire schema A to a different schema B

On 2/21/19 11:52 AM, Tiffany Thang wrote:
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately the schema rename would not work since the source database will be our production system. We have not gone live yet but the system is expected to be constantly used.

I have multiple tables that I need to export ranging from 20GB to 60GB each. The parallel will not work for a single table but would be beneficial if I have multiple tables to dump.

I'm thinking maybe using what Adrian has suggested with the -f option and then modify the file or maybe use a common public schema everywhere on the source and target databases. I would have to restrict who has access to the public schema.

You can further break this down by using -s and -a switches to only work with the table definitions and table data respectively. This can also be done on the pg_dump end.

Thanks.

Tiff

--
Adrian Klaver