Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgEdit public beta for Macintosh and Windows

On Nov 19, 2004, at 7:13 AM, Jim Seymour wrote:

                                                               It does
not use Java ...
[snip]

This is supposed to be an advantage?

Absolutely. The situation on Linux and Windows may be better, but it is immediately obvious on the Mac when a GUI application uses Java rather than the native Cocoa API. And then there is the slow startup time and huge memory requirements.

Ah well, I don't use Mac or Windows, so I guess we're even ;).

I hope to do a Linux in the near future, so I'll be looking forward to your feedback :).

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL