Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres 9.6 fails to start on VMWare

On 23/10/2017, 17:17, "George Neuner" <gneuner2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Doesn't GCloud provide a way to export drive images?
    [He asks naively, never having used it.]

Nope – just the dd method (although this doesn’t work on VMWare, so you need to use a VWM utility on a Win pc to get it). I’m pretty sure Google use VMW, so it’s pretty poor!

  >  Move/rename the PG data directory, then use initdb to create a new
    cluster.  You'll have to reload your databases from backups.

Cheers. I’m going off the idea of using VMs very quickly as I can see no real advantage and plenty of grief for my use case.

Consider this question resolved (