Search Postgresql Archives

Re: EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round 4 - compilation issues on RHEL 7.2

On 05/18/2017 08:49 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
On 18/05/2017 15:20, Adrian Klaver wrote:

If I remove that link then I can compile. Have no idea why.

Hi! OP here, and here's the feedback on what I'm getting after unlinking as suggested yesterday:

I tried removing/unlinking as suggested and, just like Adrian, it worked OK for me! :)

The advice was:

  Whoever does it needs to unlink:

  /lib64/libldap_r-2.4.so.2

So that's what I did.

Bit of a mystery still on that linking/unlinking (if we can find a way to avoid doing that, that would be great) but success!

Now I get to start playing with it properly - but I'm relatively confident that should be OK, I was getting good results on my little ubuntu box at home ...

Of course, I said the same think about compiling it :)

Huge thanks to EVERYONE who helped on this! If anyone is going to be at PG Day UK, I'll buy you a drink :)

Glad you got it working.

Something you might want to point out to the admins, if you where using the PGDG RPM repos you could have gotten to this point by doing something like this:

sudo yum install repmgr

Just a thought.

Regards,

Martin.