Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL

Hi Paul,

See comments at the end...

On 10/05/17 08:00, Paul Hughes wrote:
Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions. I've been out of the programming world for a long time, so I am back to being a newbie.
Even if you stay in the game, technology changes - so one has to keep learning and adapting.

When I started mighty MainFrames roamed the planet - now a low end smart phone has over a thousand times more memory & processing power, than the first MainFrame (ICL 4/72) I ever programmed in COBOL . Now I use Java & other newer languages on a Linux box with a processor chip with more cache than any MainFrame's main memory that I ever programmed.

I was told this is the place for newcomers to ask questions. I apologize if my questions did not contain the necessary sophistication or nuance for some to answer.

I don't think that is too much of a problem, haven't seen anyone tell you to RTFM!!!

[...]

It is normal on this list not to top post, but rather to add comments at the end (so people can see the context) - though interspersed comments in the body of the text is okay when appropriate!

Cheers,
Gavin