Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL

On 05/09/2017 01:00 PM, Paul Hughes wrote:
Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions. I've been out of the programming world for a long time, so I am back to being a newbie. I was told this is the place for newcomers to ask questions. I apologize if my questions did not contain the necessary sophistication or nuance for some to answer.

It has more to do with making unsubstantiated assertions, namely:

"I noticed that most of the largest web platforms that use PostgreSQL as their primary database, also use Python as their primary back-end language. ..."

Many on this list(myself included) will want to know how you came to that conclusion and I am speaking as someone who uses Python, Django and Postgres.

George, your answer makes the most sense. Thank you!  You said:

Most cloud servers come preconfigured with some variation of either
the "LAMP" or "LAPP" stack: i.e. Linux, Apache, MySQL or Postgresql,
PHP or Python.

There needs to be a compelling *application* reason to install
something else: a JVM (or Apache-Tomcat vs regular Apache),
Ruby/Rails, Groovy/Grails, etc.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx