Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres Pain Points: 1 pg_hba conf

On 08/13/2016 01:37 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

On 8/13/2016 8:29 AM, support-tiger wrote:
experimented with this some more with no progress. only trust seems to work which is not what we want - will try some more versions with md5 but this is why I've called this out as such a pain point.

show us your pg_hba.conf (sans comments), and the connections that aren't working the way you want, along with whatever error messages they are generating.

sorry for delay (traveling and rural usa wifi is pathetic)
attached is the pg_hba file that is working on a fedora development machine - we've added a few comments to put case examples right in the file - hope the spacing did not get mangled

obviously "trust" is not good but need working alternative

also, if using web sockets (ie socket.io) would this change ?

hope we can make this file more clear

--
Support Dept
Tiger Nassau, Inc.

# Case I: Web Application
# db: mydb
# user: myuser
# pass: mypass
# host: localhost
#
# TYPE     DATABASE        USER      ADDRESS       METHOD
  local    all             all                     trust
  host     all             all       127.0.0.1/32  trust
# host     mydb            myuser    127.0.0.1/32  trust
# IPv6 local connections:
  host     all             all       ::1/128       ident
# Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the
# replication privilege.
#local     replication     postgres                peer
#host      replication     postgres  127.0.0.1/32  ident
#host      replication     postgres  ::1/128       ident