Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ruby pg connection fails on centos - okay on debian and dev machine

On 05/03/2016 06:18 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 05/03/2016 05:07 PM, john.tiger wrote:
our model.rb runs fine on a dev machine and a debian server  but is
failing on a new centos server - checked the postgres db name and user
name and password - all seem fine

The error message is?

could it be:

host => "localhost"

or maybe CORS ?

CORS as in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-origin_resource_sharing

or something else?

Have you tried connecting using psql with same parameters?

Have you looked at the pg_hba.conf files on the different platforms and see if they differ?

yeah, but we couldn't find any log file - not sure on centos where this should be - nothing in /var/log or /var/lib/pgsql/9.5/data

running psql dbname="ourdb" works
running psql dbname="ourdb" username="ouruser" ==> FATAL peer authentication failed for user"ouruser"

running \l  => shows db
\du => ouruser {} ? doesn't show login although we specified that as when created role - could that be the problem ?? then how to add login to user alter role ouruser with login => still shows {}

both pg_hba show:
local    all    all  peer
host     all    all  127.0.0.1
host     all   all ident

re cors - all on same linode server with postgres running on std port so don't think should be an issue and is not issue on debian server - just searching for possible answer

here is our model
@conn = PG.connect(
  :host => "localhost",
  :dbname => "ourdb",
  :user  => "ouruser",
  :password => "ourpassword"
)
again, this runs fine on debian and debian dev machine