Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird SQL

On 02/11/2016 05:42 AM, Pierre Chevalier Géologue wrote:
Le 10/02/2016 19:49, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
Go here:
https://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?func=lists-long-full&extra=pgsql-general

And in settings check:
eliminatecc
     Select this if you do not want two copies when someone sends a
message both to you and to the list.

Thanks for the trick, I just followed your advice (before I started
writing this mail, though...).

I am trying to figure out from the help documentation
(https://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?user=pierrechevaliergeol%40free.fr&passw=0F21-276B-3588&list=GLOBAL&func=help&extra=set)
how to set the default "reply-to" to the list.

The 'replyto' option seems to be what I wish:
Add a Reply-to header
These control Reply-To: header generation. If the list owner has defined
a Reply-To: header, you can specify whether or not you want to see it.
replyto - always add the Reply-To: header
noreplyto - never add the header (but if the poster has provided one,
you will see it)
Usually, turning this setting on will cause your replies to be addressed
to the mailing list; turning this setting off will cause your replies to
be addressed to the person who wrote the message to which you are
replying.

=> do you confirm?

I have not used this, so I cannot confirm, though it seems to do what you want. The only setting I have ever actually changed was to unset selfcopy. I use Thunderbird and it seems to know what to do with Reply All on both ends, sending/receiving.

It lets me distinguish between the list threads that I haven't responded
to and those that I have.​

?  In the other lists where I am, even though I always 'reply' and it
goes automatically to the list, I can see my own replies, displayed
within the appropriate conversation thread.
Or did I miss a point?

À+
Pierre

--