Search Postgresql Archives

Re: CoC [Final v2]

On 01/24/2016 08:13 AM, Chris Travers wrote:

If I could make one proposal for an additional clause:

* PostgreSQL is a community project and takes no position on any
political question aside from its usage in the public sector (which we
support).  We expect communication in community fora to respect this
need.  The community is neither competent nor interested in resolving
more general social or political questions.

That won't work. The community does take positions. A good example is when -core denounced the topless dancers at the Russian conference. That position was taken without consideration that at a lot of this community doesn't care, won't care, or agrees with the right for the Russian conference to have those dancers. It was done so because -core wants all people to feel welcome.

Sincerely,

JD

                     +1-503-667-4564