Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015?

Tom Lane wrote:
Ick.  Even if that works today, it seems absolutely guaranteed to fail
in future, as soon as Microsoft either puts back the visible declaration
or changes the struct contents.  If they've made a conscious decision
to not export the struct anymore, it's likely because they intend to
change it ... so I'd put the half-life of this "fix" at no more than one
Visual Studio release.

Yes. You right. But at the moment, it's better than nothing. In addition, we can then do something like this:
#if _MSC_VER >= 1800 && _MSC_VER < 1820

after MS push fix.
Hopefully, if they removed the visible declaration intentionally, they
provided some other way to get at those locale names.  That's what we
need to be looking for, not hoping that direct access to undocumented
structures will continue to work.

It's more like a simple bug after refactoring. But I will try find another way. (I don't like undocumented structures)

Thanks.
--
Yury Zhuravlev
The Russian Postgres Company