Search Postgresql Archives

Re: duplicate key errors in log file

On 11/17/2015 03:33 PM, anj patnaik wrote:
The pg log files apparently log error lines every time a user inserts a
duplicate. I implemented a composite primary key and then when I see the
exception in my client app I update the row with the recent data.

however, I don't want the log file to fill out with these error messages
since it's handled by the client.

is there a way to stop logging certain messages?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

log_min_error_statement (enum)

Controls which SQL statements that cause an error condition are recorded in the server log. The current SQL statement is included in the log entry for any message of the specified severity or higher. Valid values are DEBUG5, DEBUG4, DEBUG3, DEBUG2, DEBUG1, INFO, NOTICE, WARNING, ERROR, LOG, FATAL, and PANIC. The default is ERROR, which means statements causing errors, log messages, fatal errors, or panics will be logged. To effectively turn off logging of failing statements, set this parameter to PANIC. Only superusers can change this setting.

Also do any of you use any options to cause log files not to fill up the
disk over time?

Thanks,
ap

--