Search Postgresql Archives

Re: bdr appears to be trying to replicate to itself

On 17 November 2015 at 00:33, Cj B <blackc2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This doesn't explain how the system got into this state. For that it'd really be necessary to see the steps taken during setup. BDR tries to protect against attempts to replicate-from-self. Presumably there's an oversight in those checks. If you're able to reproduce this state I'd like to hear details on how.

Thanks for the help that seems to have done it. I’m not sure how it got into this state either. I do have the commands still that I ran but I doubt that’ll help much. What’s strange is that everything was working fine since May then on Oct 29th it appears to have started keeping copies of the pg_xlog, so something must have happened, but sadly I don’t know what.

I’ll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.