Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Slow response if pulling through pgadmin

On 11/10/2015 07:39 AM, Mammarelli, Joanne T wrote:
Hi – same rookie user as before.

We have one table

100,000 rows

80 columns

When we try to retrieve the data (select * from table) using pgadmin, we
get a 193456 ms retrieve time.

Where is the client(pgAdmin) relative to the server?

Where was the retrieve time measured?

It takes a good bit of time for a GUI to display results, so is that what you are seeing?

When I ran a query analyze in the command prompt, we get a 316ms
retrieve time.

Where are you running from the command line?

Do you mean EXPLAIN ANALYZE <some query> or something else?

Also can you post what the results are of whatever you did?

.. and finally.  When we retrieve the data from the command line, we get
a 5720 ms retrieve time.

Any idea what could be causing the retrieval time discrepancies?

No GUI, just text.

Thanks.

Joanne

--