From: Jim Nasby [mailto:Jim.Nasby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:21 AM
To: Mammarelli, Joanne T; pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  tds_fdw - work on windows

On 11/10/15 7:57 AM, Mammarelli, Joanne T wrote:
> Hi - rookie user here.
>
> I'd like to access data on my Microsoft sql database from my postgres
> database.
>
> I stumbled upon the tds_fdw extension and it reads as if it it's *nix only.
>
> Would acquiring tds_fdw.control from one of the repos possibly work on
> a windows-based postgres installed database?

Building source code on windows is radically different than doing so on unix, so no. The only thing that might work is setting up a cygwin environment and seeing if it will build in that.

BTW, if you want to get an easier introduction to using unix than switching to an actual linux/unix get a Mac. The command line is unix.
--
Jim Nasby, Data Architect, Blue Treble Consulting, Austin TX Experts in Analytics, Data Architecture and PostgreSQL Data in Trouble? Get it in Treble! http://BlueTreble.com