Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Best practices for aggregate table design

On 10/9/2015 6:07 PM, Roxanne Reid-Bennett wrote:
On 10/9/2015 3:16 PM, droberts wrote:
Thanks for everyone's help. Can anyone recommend a good book on database modeling, around these 'cube' or aggregate concepts in particular? I'm using Postgres but shouldn't matter too much I assume.

Given the shift towards NoSQL for BI, and the age of the consultants, I don't know how much of a driver of design patterns the Kimball Group still is in the BI/Data warehouse space - but their blogs and books have been good fodder for thought for the modeling I've done.

actually, there've been numerous cases where NoSQL deployments never worked right, and people reverted to SQL for reporting.