Search Postgresql Archives

Version management for extensions

I am facing a scenario where I have different version of an extension, say 1.0 and 2.0, which have some different functionality between them (so not merely a bug fix), so people might want to continue to use 1.0.

But changes to the PostgreSQL software between major versions requires changes to the extension's source code.

So I  basically have 4 versions to carry:

1.0_for_9.4_or_before
2.0_for_9.4_or_before
1.0_for_9.5
2.0_for_9.5

Is there some easy way to handle this?  Are there examples of existing modules which have a similar situation (and which handle it well) on PGXN or pgfoundry or other public repositories?

Cheers,

Jeff