Search Postgresql Archives

Re: BDR truncate and replication sets

Le 15/09/2015 18:56, Alvaro Herrera a écrit :
Sylvain MARECHAL wrote:
[...] The exception is with TRUNCATE: In case it is called, data is removed on
both nodes.

Is it a feature or a bug?
I think it's an oversight.  Replication sets were added later than the
TRUNCATE trigger, so the design for the latter does not consider the
former as far as I know.
Ok. May I fill a bug report?
[...] Is there a workaround?
(deleting the truncate trigger seems to work, but I am sure it is safe to do
it)
Well, the truncate trigger is there to replicate the truncate to other
servers.  If you don't want truncate to be propagated, dropping the
trigger is one way to achieve that effect.

Ok. That is what I will do.
In fact, having TRUNCATE do its job on all nodes is sometimes useful, sometimes unwanted. So this workaround is perfect for me for the moment.

Thank you,
Sylvain