Search Postgresql Archives

Re: clone_schema function

From: Melvin Davidson [mailto:melvin6925@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 4:48 PM
To: Igor Neyman <ineyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] clone_schema function

Thanks Igor,

hmm, apparently the "INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS' option of "CREATE TABLE' has a glitch and only includes the primary key.

I also noticed that INCLUDING ALL generates an error, so I'll have to report that also.

I'll go eat some crow and work on a fix to add all constraints in the meantime.

It’s not a bug.

According to docs:

Not-null constraints are always copied to the new table. CHECK constraints will only be copied if INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS is specified; other types of constraints will never be copied.”

So, FK constraints are not supposed to be copied.

Regards,

Igor Neyman