Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Server tries to read a different config file than it is supposed to

I think that that unwritable postgresql.conf file had probably been hanging around in your data directory for some time. It was not causing any particular problem until we decided we ought to fsync everything in the data directory after a crash. So this is indeed the same case Christoph was complaining about. But really you should remove that file not just change its permissions; as is it's just causing confusion.
Thank you very much Tom for explaining the cause, now I will make sure I am not leaving any unused files in the data directory anymore.