Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Server tries to read a different config file than it is supposed to

Testing this, the problem appears to be that you forgot the keyword "start", so pg_ctl didn't really do anything.
I am sorry, that was just a mistake on my part here, it is in the script.
I suspect this was left over from some previous attempt.
It doesn't look like it. I tried several times, always looked in the log file after that. The timestamp also suggests it was a result of my attempts.
One possible theory is that you had an "include" directive in the config file in /etc, causing it to try to read the other one?
I checked now, no "include" in there.