Search Postgresql Archives

Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host

On 04/09/2015 02:32 PM, Volkan Unsal wrote:
I set up logging for connections. Here is what I see:

    LOG:  connection received: host=104.131.66.183 port=38912
    LOG:  replication connection authorized: user=postgres
    LOG:  connection received: host=104.131.66.183 port=38913
    LOG:  replication connection authorized: user=postgres

Two connection attempts are made. First is probably for pg_basebackup.
The second might be for streaming replication. If it's true, then I
don't understand why it is not succeeding...

How far apart are they?

Could it be that pg_basebackup is still running and your CONNECTION LIMIT on the replication user is preventing any more connections?

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Volkan Unsal <spocksplanet@xxxxxxxxx