Search Postgresql Archives

Re: new index type with clustering in mind.

> If the values are perfectly clustered, the index is optimal because you
scan the minimal set of pages.

That's the bit I'm particularly interested in, as my plan would be to keep
the pages well clustered: http://dba.stackexchange.com/a/66293/1396

Do you see any blocker preventing BRIN being used for a continuous
background re-clustering job (in parallel with or as part of vacuum),
similar to the mechanism I experimented with before? If not is this
something there might be support for adding to the TODO list?

Kindest regards
Jack