Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Really strange foreign key constraint problem blocking delete

On 10/06/2014 08:25 AM, Tim Mickelson wrote:
The administors (that are not from my company) are strongly against
changing the Postgresql version :( so if this is a bug from Postgresql
they want me to show a documentation that guarantees them that it will
be fixed on an upgrade.

You might want to point them at the release notes that show quite a few bugs are fixed between 9.1.9 and 9.1.14, not limited to this:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/release-9-1-11.html

However, this release corrects a number of potential data corruption issues. See the first two changelog entries below to find out whether your installation has been affected and what steps you can take if so.