Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Really strange foreign key constraint problem blocking delete

On 10/03/2014 10:45 PM, Tim Mickelson wrote:
But I don't think so, but here are the table defenitions:

CREATE TABLE bulldog.channel_mapping
(
   idchannel integer NOT NULL,
   idaut integer NOT NULL,
   CONSTRAINT channel_mapping_pk PRIMARY KEY (idchannel, idaut),
   CONSTRAINT channel_mapping_idaut_fkey FOREIGN KEY (idaut)
       REFERENCES cubesocialnetwork.tmp_autenticazionesocial
(idautenticazionesocial) MATCH SIMPLE
       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION,
   CONSTRAINT channel_mapping_idchannel_fkey FOREIGN KEY (idchannel)
       REFERENCES bulldog.social_channel (idchannel) MATCH SIMPLE
       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)
WITH (
   OIDS=FALSE
);
ALTER TABLE bulldog.channel_mapping
   OWNER TO postgres;

-- Table: cubesocialnetwork.tmp_autenticazionesocial

-- DROP TABLE cubesocialnetwork.tmp_autenticazionesocial;

CREATE TABLE cubesocialnetwork.tmp_autenticazionesocial
(
   idautenticazionesocial serial NOT NULL,
   contratto text NOT NULL,
   idlocation numeric NOT NULL,
   textuser text,
   textpassword text,
   datacrea timestamp without time zone NOT NULL DEFAULT now(),
   idsocial numeric NOT NULL,
   location text,
   username text,
   link_foto text,
   valid text,
   link_profilo text,
   tweetmonitored boolean DEFAULT false,
   idutente text,
   tipologia text,
   api_key text,
   api_secret text,
   CONSTRAINT tmp_autenticazionesocial_pkey PRIMARY KEY
(idautenticazionesocial),
   CONSTRAINT tipo_social_fk FOREIGN KEY (idsocial)
       REFERENCES cubesocialnetwork.tipo_social (cd_social) MATCH FULL
       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)
WITH (
   OIDS=FALSE

So channel_mapping references autenticazionesocial. The error message you gave previously indicates that there is more than one entry in channel_mapping referencing idautenticazionesocial=1622 in autenticazionesocial.

So are you positive channel_mapping has no entries left that have idaut=1622?

Also, to help with troubleshooting, what version of Postgres are you using?