Search Postgresql Archives

PostgreSQL Portable

First, I am a Newbie regarding PostgreSQL …

I just started to look at PostgreSQL to implement a large GIS DB (1Tb).  The data must reside in an external disk with eSATA connection and may be moved to different locations (and Windows desktops/laptops). I was looking to install PostgreSQL and PostGIS extensions on each PC (setting-up the proper PGDATA directory to the external disk) until I read about PostgreSQL and PgAdmin Portable …

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgadminportable/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/postgresqlportable/

Is that a viable alternative considering the expected size of the DB? Any comments or proposal would be appreciated J

Daniel