Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Re: [ADMIN] Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.

On 09/03/2014 09:12 AM, Craig James wrote:

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Alanoly Andrews <alanolya@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:alanolya@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    *We have an issue with images (**TIFF files) that are loaded into a
    postgres database table (where the image field is defined as type
    **“**lo**”**)**. The code to load the images is written in VB and
    the connection to the database is through postgres odbc**installed
    on the PC. ****All images inserted through the VB program are
    retrievable also through odbc/VB, as long as the table **rows **at
    the backend **are**not re**organized in any way. If the table
    dat**a**is unloaded/reloaded or clustered (on an index) or
    rel**oaded through a pg_dump and restore, then **on trying to
    retrieve the images, **the VB program gets the error :
    **“**Multiple-step OLE DB operation generat**ed errors. Check each
    OLE DB status value**……**etc**”**.*
    *The data in the backend database is still readable through other
    image retrieval progr**ams connecting directly to the server (not
    through ODBC or VB).*

Are you reloading into the very same database, or into a different one?
Your question doesn't make it clear. If you're loading into a new
database, then one thing that comes to mind is that the bytea_output
parameter in postgresql.conf might be different on the second database.

The OP is using the lo type, so I suspect it is something to do with the OIDs changing. I do not use lo so I cannot really be more helpful.

Craig

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx