Re: Using fmgr_hook

Hello,
> Try like this:
> - connect with psql
> - call your custom_fmgr_hook
> - attach to the backend with gdb
> - set the breakpoint
> - call custom_fmgr_hook again

I tried to check in a different way, by just using log statements to
see if customs* hook functions ever get executed. They were not. So it
was not a breakpoint or debugger issue.
Then instead of using auto_explain, we created a user defined sysdate
function, implemented in C and added the fmgr hook code in there.
Now we see custom hook functions being called. So looks like it was
not a debugger issue, but fmgr hook work within user defined functions

Thank you,
Sameer