Search Postgresql Archives

Re: WAL Replication Server + repmgr + Slony

On 03/20/14 10:37, basti wrote:
Hello,

at the moment we use a Postgres (9.1) Master and a Hot-Standby with WAL
Replication.

We also use Slony to copy some (not all) Tables to fronted server.
Is it possible to use repmgr to switch between Master and Hot-standby
without lose the slony functionality?

When I use repmgr and switch between master and slave what's about
IP-addresses and hostnames? Do I need a virtual IP that can I switch
from one to the other server?

Unless your standby moves backwards in time (async replication and failover losing transactions), all that is needed should be to issue STORE PATH commands with the new IP/hostname to the Slony replica(s).

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Wieck