Search Postgresql Archives

Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres

On 11/2/2013 9:56 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
Well, what I showed is supposition on my part and is not necessarily the truth. Part of the issue is discerning the truth of how information flows through the system, in particular what exactly is/are the application(s) talking to Postgres/pgBouncer. It is still unknown, at least to me, where geoserver fits into the above and whether it is connecting directly to Postgres or going through the Tomcat server. Once some sort of schematic for connection(current, desired) is provided then it would be possible to do as you suggest. The confusion from what I am following is that the "(application using PostgreSQL) --> port 5432 (Postgres)" part is not known.

tomcat itself has no database layer. its purely a web appserver. the java apps running on tomcat use JDBC to connect to a database server like postgresql.