Search Postgresql Archives

Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres

On 01/11/2013 14:44, si24 wrote:
I get this error in geoserver :Original exception error:

Unable to obtain connection: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ERROR:
client_login_timeout (server down))

when I change the store port number from 5432 to 6432 so that geoserver can
use the  pgbouncer instead of calling on the postgres db directly. Not sure
if thats the way i'm suppose to do it.

it should be ok.

have you specified in your pgbouncer.ini auth_type and auth_file ?

And I think you really need to check pgbouncer log !!!

5432 is the port that my postgresql is working from and 6432 is where my
pgbouncer is calling from.

pgbouncer is not calling from 6432!!!

postgresql server listening on port 5432
pgbouncer listening on port 6432

geoserver is using port 8080, some how they don't seem to be speaking to
each other.

I don't know what is this geoserver, but this port 8080 I think it's not relevant in this.