Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Major upgrade of PostgreSQL and MySQL

Like I said in the other message, actually in-place upgrade using symbolic links work quite fine under Windows.
I tested it carefully many times, and used it even more upgrading production systems.
I don't feel it's *dangerous*, especially considering that my whole upgrade process always starts with backing up existing cluster.

Regards,
Igor Neyman