Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [ODBC] ODBC constructs

On 21.05.2013 08:11, Dev Kumkar wrote:
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Atri Sharma<atri.jiit@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

If you wish to work in C,then,I would suggest libpq.I would wait for more
replies on this,as I have little knowledge
about psqlODBC.

Thanks for the comments. Yes objective is to work in C and found libpq
useful but am not sure about psqlODBC.
It would be really great to get comments from community here regarding
comparison between both of them and also performance perspective. Based on
my reading so far libpq is good from performance perspective.

libpq is generally-speaking better than psqlodbc. The advantage of ODBC is that if you have a suitable driver, you can connect to other DBMS' as well, while libpq will only work with PostgreSQL. Unless you need such portability, go with libpq.

- Heikki