Search Postgresql Archives

PQgetCopyData() failed - corruption?

Hello list,

I received the following error while backing up my database:

pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "summary_show_unique_personas_2012_10_15" failed: PQgetCopyData() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.summary_show_unique_personas_2012_10_15 (market_id, period, show_id, service_id, service_name, gender, followers_count, interactions_count) TO stdout;

The pg_dump occurs over the network, from a client machine. The connection between both machines goes over the public Internet, but is in the same physical data center.

If I SSH onto the database server, I can dump that specific table without problem, and I'm trying a full backup right now.

I've found http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/puredisk-disaster-recovery-backup-failed which talks about a product using PostgreSQL.  The archives of this list do not have a reference to "PGgetCopyData", nor StackOverflow, dba.stackexchange or ServerFault.

Does that error indicate a database corruption? Or just a network interruption?

Thanks!
François Beausoleil