Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to convert US date format to European date format ?

On 4/10/2013 6:15 AM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
psql (one of the possible client applications) uses the "datestyle" parameter to decide on how to format a date column when displaying it.

If you change the "datestyle" parameter in postgresql.conf, it will influence the way psql displays the date values. Probably pgAdmin will also check that setting (as I don't use pgAdmin I can't really tell).

PSQL doesn't use that, postgres itself does. it can be set on the fly with SET on a per-connection basis, or with ALTER DATABASE on a per-database basis.