Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken?

Hi Stephen.

On 15/02/13 10:52, Stephen Frost wrote:
* Jeffrey Jones (jjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
I downloaded http://yum.postgresql.org/9.2/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2
using wget on the afected computer and ran md5sum over it with the
following result:

9258bd5672cf7abb55a0d95ee2467afc  primary.sqlite.bz2
That's pretty cute.  I get:

sfrost@tamriel:/home/sfrost> md5sum primary.sqlite.bz2
168232945d791e55e56bb29757458157  primary.sqlite.bz2

Which matches an md5sum run on the file on the server directly and the
file timestamp indicates that it hasn't changed for ~2 days.

Have you tried opening the file you end up receiving and inspecting it?
Something is clearly off if you're getting a different md5sum.
Thanks for the confirmation (Love the machine name by the way), based on your info it does look like something between myself and yum.postresql.org is causing trouble.
I have downloaded it from a few separate computers and they all
return that same result.
Can you try from a system that isn't attached to your corporate network?
Yea, I think I will have to try from home as well.

I also extracted and looked at the sqlite file  with sqliteman and
it worked without trouble. If there really was a problem then I
would have expected sqliteman to fail reading the file.
Agreed, that's curious- perhaps there's a cacheing transparent proxy in
the corporate network that's feeding you an older, but otherwise valid,
file?
I shall contact the network bods and see if they can offer any enlightenment

	Thanks,

		Stephen

Thanks for taking the time out to confirm. At least we now know it is probably not yum.postgresql.org or my actual machines

cheers

Jeff