Search Postgresql Archives

Re: cloning postgres-xc

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Zenaan Harkness <zen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does somone know the object overlap likely between pg and pgxc repositories?

I ask because I could just git clone pgxc, or I could add a remote for
pgxc to my pg git clone, and make sure the branches are added, and
fetch that remote.
And in this way, common files/ objects are properly shared in one
repo, rather than duplicated.
PG and PGXC share 99.9% of a common commit history, so yes simply adding a remote to PGXC in your existing PG folder is good. This is how I do for my own dev, and I believe that most of the people in this project do the same. Doing that is particularly helpful when you want to merge PG code directly in XC or when you need to have a look at the code diffs between both projects.
--
Michael