Search Postgresql Archives

Re: DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraint

Hi Chris,

> Why do that as a trigger, then? Why not simply call a procedure that
> generates the value and inserts it?

Because this must be unknown to whoever makes the call and I'm not
supposed to expose any detail of what's going on behind the scenes.
Outsourcing part of sensitive apps also means that you do not want all
of the outside devs to know all that company X is doing, and how it is
doing it, sometimes.

Cheers
Bèrto