Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgadmin connection via tunnel and ubuntu user instead of postgres

On 01/12/2013 04:29 PM, Paul S wrote:
Thanks Adrian,

Right, the pg_hba.conf file is setup with the default settings.

# Database administrative login by Unix domain socket
local   all             postgres                                peer
# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD
local   all             all                                     peer
# IPv4 local connections:
# host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
host    all             all              0.0.0.0/0             md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5

I think that I may have to just use the PostgreSQL database user password to
log in and I'll be fine.  I was hoping that I could mimic what I was doing
with SSH in that I could sudo su - postgres and then go into postgres as the
postgres OS user without a DB password and I'd be done.  I don't think the
tunnel is allowing me to do that so I'll have to supply the postgres DB user
password to still get in.

Well PgAdmin connects to a service(Postgres) not a user account so I would think what you want to do would be difficult.

I think I can work with that but it's just a little less optimal that I was
hoping for.  Logging in just like I do in SSH would have been much easier.

Thanks,

Paul

--
Adrian Klaver