Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgadmin connection via tunnel and ubuntu user instead of postgres

On 01/11/2013 09:31 PM, pasilveira wrote:
Hello,

I'm forced to log into a server via SSH and the ubuntu user via ssh keys.
The ubuntu Postgres OS user has no password by default.  When I log in via
ssh, I log in via the ubuntu user, and then "sudo su - postgres" to then be
able to execute "psql" to enter into postgres.  This all works fine.

When I try to connect via PGAdmin3, I setup a tunnel forwarding a port to
the ubuntu servers postgres port and try to connect that way.  This fails
beause I'm connecting in via the ubuntu user and not the postgres user
directly.

What exactly is the error?
Seems you may not have pg_hba.conf set up to allow access for the ubuntu user.

 I've even tried adding the sudo su - postgres to the "Remote
Command" options in putty under connection --> SSH and although it does turn
my user into the postgres OS user, pgadmin will still not connect via that
tunnel.

Any ideas on what my options are?

Set  up SSL connections for the Postgres server?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/ssl-tcp.html

Thanks

--
Adrian Klaver