Search Postgresql Archives

Re: XML Schema for PostgreSQL database

Em 16/12/2012 20:27, Guillaume Lelarge escreveu:
On Fri, 2012-12-14 at 14:17 -0200, Edson Richter wrote:
Em 14/12/2012 12:21, Merlin Moncure escreveu:
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Edson Richter <edsonrichter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Em 13/12/2012 20:10, Merlin Moncure escreveu:
[...]
*) diagram output should be standard html (only) without requiring
tool to log in and adjust diagram
I don't really care about output - SVG would be excellent, because it
scales well and will print nicely.
I can tell that a data dictionary with diagramming output would be
enough. If I can edit the data dictionary and system keep track of all
changes, would be enough for me.
If PgAdmin would have the ability to maintain a data dictionary that is
not the database itself, and plus the feature to "synchronize with
database" (which would be any PostgreSQL database registered) would be
optimal for me.

We had something pretty good like this called the Database Designer.
There are still some works to make it available on a next release.

You can also try pgModeler. Seems really cool. Too bad it doesn't (yet?)
do reverse engineering.

I'm looking forward for pgModeler. Reverse and Forward engineering (with true alter scripts) are an requirement for me.
Visual design is desirable, but not mandatory.
Where can I look Database Designer? Which platform (or language it's written)?
Maybe I can help with development, why start a new effort?

I've strong Java programming expertise (> 15yrs), and also have worked with dozen different languages before.

Regards,

Edson