Search Postgresql Archives

Re: role does not exist

On 11/01/2012 07:16 AM, Kevin Burton wrote:
I am not running on multiple machines. I think that initdb or something like
it was not installed so it when I tried to invoke it Iwas met with an error
that initdb is in the postgres-xc package and then told me how to install
it. Not having known that postgres-xc is clustering software I just did what
I was told. If that is my mistake then how do I uninstall it? Or is it
easier to install the OS again?

You should not have to reinstall the OS that is a Windows thing. A fuller explanation of how you got to this point would be helpful though.

What version of Ubuntu are you on?

What Postgres did you initially install?

Did you install any other packages when you encountered the error, other than Postgres-XC?

FYI as far as I know when you use the Ubuntu(Debian) package it runs initdb as part of the install and you should not have to.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx